Facts Behind Real Madrid’s Defeat
The result of fourth matchday of Group H Champions League 2017/2018 may be a big surprise for Real Madrid Agensbobet99.net. That’s because they have to give up 1-3 of Tottenham Hotspur at Wembley Stadium on Thursday (2/11/2017) pm dawn.
Moreover, this became the second defeat that Real Madrid swallowed only in the span of four days. Previously, they also dipecundangi Girona 1-2 in the 10th week Spanish League at Estadi Municipal de Montolivi.
Against Tottenham, Zinedine Zidane’s team was already behind after Dele Alli scored in the 27th minute. Did not stop there, Alli scored his second goal in the 56th minute. The suffering of the visitors is increasing after Christian Eriksen also contributed a goal in the 65th minute.
After continuing to get a chance, Los Blancos could break the deadlock through Cristiano Ronaldo in the 80th minute. The score lasted until the match led by referee Cuneyt Cakir was over.
For Tottenham, victory over Real Madrid made them qualify for the last 16 of the Champions League. That’s because the collection of 10 points they can no longer shifted to third place. While Madrid still need one more victory to qualify.
8 Interesting Facts
1. Tottenham became the first opponent to be able to conquer Madrid in the Champions League group phase since October 2012. Previously they are unbeaten in 30 group phase action.
2. This is Madrid’s biggest defeat in the Champions League group phase since November 2008. At that time they were beaten 0-2 from Juventus.
3. Tottenham won an inaugural victory over Real Madrid after three defeats and two draws in five previous meetings.
4. Tottenham have not been able to print a clean sheet in the European game at Wembley. They’ve conceded eight goals from six matches.
5. Alli became the first Englishman to score against Madrid in the Champions League after Steven Gerrard in March 2009
6. Alli has scored four goals from the last four matches. More one goal than his first six appearances of the season.
7. Kieran Trippier has packed 13 assists in all competitions in 2017, six more than any other English Premier League defender.
8. Ronaldo has scored 10 goals against Tottenham, more than any other England team.